Review of Communication Research (RCR) allows any scholar to participate in its peer-review process. The documents that participate in a reviewing process have not been published yet, therefore their authorship must be protected. Maintaining confidentiality and respect of authorship are essential values that allow free exchange of scientific opinions and evaluations. Reviewers and others with access to the documents MUST fully protect the information.
In order to do so, the open-peer-review process is limited to scholars from a university or a research institute.
Benefits for participating:
1.- You will be able to stay updated on the latest advancements of the field.
2.- You will receive feedback during the process.
3.- You will be able to help other scholars to improve their manuscripts.
4.- You will be able to sign the published paper as an open-peer reviewer if it is finally published, or you can receive a certificate.
Process to participate:
1.- Copy the content below, paste it in an email, and fill in the data.
2.- Send it from your institutional email address to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will reply by sending you the manuscript.
3.- Send your review to the editor within two weeks.
Institutional web page where we can confirm you are a scholar at an institution and your email address:
By writing to the editor I state that I have read this Ethical Code and Conflict of Interest Rules and I hereby accept them under penalty of unprofessional and unethical behavior.
Ethical Code and Conflict of Interest Rules
1) I accept to review material submitted for presentation, publication, or research proposal to RCR.
2) I commit with maintaining the confidentiality of the material I might read in during the prer-review process until it is published (alternatively, you may ask for permission).
3) Of course, I will not present segments or ideas from the manuscript as my own.
4) I will not distribute the manuscript in any way.
5) If I would like to cite the manuscript before it has an assigned DOI, I must send an email to the RCR editor (email@example.com). The journal will assign a DOI number to the manuscript and send a suggested citation.
6) I acknowledge that the journal will record me as a participant of the open-peer-review process.
7) RCR requires that reviewers declare any possible conflict of interests. Therefore, in the case that I have published any article opposing what the author argues I must acknowledge it in my comment.
Thank you for protecting the rights of other scholars as I would like others to protect my own rights.